Declaration of intention for 2nd term Steering Committee member | Wenyu (George) Kang | Existing SC member

• 88f47a30-2a93-4551-b07b-f457d63474cc-image.png

Basic information

First Name: Wen Yu
    Last Name: Kang
    Preferred Name: George
    Gender (Male/Female): Male
    Nationality: P. R. China
    Country of Residence: Shanghai, P. R. China
    Contact Email: wen.yu.kang@dnvgl.com
    Social Media (e.g. Twitter, LinkedIn): linkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/wen-yu-kang-847b0b47/
    Language: Chinese, English
    Are you qualified to be an independent member according to the VeChain Foundation Governance Charter 4.2.1 (Y/N): N

Summary

I am Wen Yu KANG, Senior Vice President of DNVGL Group, Regional Manager of DNVGL Business Assurance Greater China

I graduated from Department of Material Engineering, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, EMBA, Xiamen University

I am also Registered TS16949/ISO9001/VDA6.1 leader auditor

I have worked for DNV GL for more than 20 years, DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries. With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.As one of the world’s leading certification bodies, we help businesses assure the performance of their organizations, products, people, facilities and supply chains through certification, verification, assessment and training services. Partnering with our customers, we build sustainable business performance and create stakeholder trust across all types of industries. During my 20 years in DNVGL, I have rich management experience and responsible for auditing of more than 100 international and local good brand companies, including Shanghai General Motor, Bosch China, BYD, Great Wall Auto, China Shipping, OOCL, Haier, Tsingtao Beer, Coca-cola etc, support clients to improve quality and environmental performance and ensure their business sustainability. I am highly ability of innovation and creativity, familiar with IoT, BlockChain and AI technology, leading to develop applications/ecosystem of Low carbon, Cooling Chain, Bright Code/My Story…

Professional Certifications and Accomplishments
    Registered TS16949/ISO9001/VDA6.1 leader auditor

Written Statement

I have rich management knowledge/experience in food, automotive and logistics industries, I also have wide business networks/connection with high level management in various industries, As the member of steering committee, I can contribute to apply blockchain technology to real industrial use case, as well as support steering committee to decide business strategy of VeChain Foundation. In my 1st term, I applied knowledge/working experience of food safety management and logistics, developed the application for cooling chain monitoring to ensure food safety and biological drug quality, developed application of Bright Code/My Story to differentiate high quality milk, Norwegian salmon and ensure food safety; I applied my knowledge/working experience of carbon emission reduction and sustainability, developed the digital low-carbon ecosystem, individual users can consume carbon credits generated during using of electric car, energy saving home appliance etc. in FMCG (Fast-moving consumer goods) companies and insurance companies etc. in ecosystem. FMCG companies and insurance companies collect carbon credit and provide favorable products or services to gain higher user traffic, which not only encourages more people to involve themselves in low-carbon environmental protection, but also brings new business and more channels for circulation of its value. It also gets individuals and companies involved in carbon emission reduction vigorously and to connect all companies in ecosystem together by carbon credit, a digital value carrier, so as to achieve mutual benefits and build the block chain low-carbon ecosystem together, make our life greener, smarter and safer.

Vision Statement
    Enhance trust by blockchain technology in real business world.

Trust plays a decisive role in real business world. Logistics, capital flow and data flow in business all need to be maintained relying on trust, but in the current business environment, relatively few technologies can be used to support trust besides large numbers of traditional paper documents, handwritten signatures and third-party, which not only are unable to reduce fraud risks effectively, but also affect the processing efficiency of real business to some extent. The authenticity of data sources is difficult to confirm. The data sources in business, namely the participants, which are characterized by the great number and the complex types, are distributed in the jurisdictions of different countries and regions. Without a reliable electronic process system, anyone will have to face huge challenges if he/she wants to confirm the authenticity of the identities of the participants in other links and avoid business frauds, We are aiming to use blockchain technology to enhance the trust and transparency in the real business world, reduce the trust cost and improve the efficiency.