VeKey Bridge Tool User Manual - MAC
VeChainOfficial last edited by VeChainOfficial
1. About VeKey Bridge Tool
VeKey Bridge Tool is a connection bridge between VeKey and Web application powered by VeChain. Through restful api you can get VeKey serial number list, public information (address, public key), device information (hardware version, firmware version, alias), signature of VeKey.
2. VeKey Bridge Tool Overview
2.1. Tool Feature List
- Offering Local Http service
- Display VeKey device information
- Offering related restful API
- VeKey Bridge Tool upgrade on-line
- Support VeKey device firmware upgrade on-line
- Platform: Mac OSX 10.13+
- Hardware: VeKey I (for test only) or VeKey II
- Software: VeKey Bridge tool
3. Instructions for VeKey Bridge Tool
3.1. Install VeKey Bridge Tool
- Download and install VeKey Bridge Tool (VeKeyBridge.dmg)
- Double click VeKeyBridge.dmg and drag the VeKey Bridge app into the Applications folder
3.2. VeKey Bridge Tool Operation
- Launch VeKey Bridge Tool, central button can enable(default) or disable http service. The local http service provids lots of restful APIs, which you can communicate with the VeKey device. More detail about restful APIs see the file in your package: VeKey Bridge Restful API_V1.0.2.pdf. Refer Figure 3-3, Figure 3-4.
- Plug in VeKey device, then input password and let VeKey device be in signature mode. VeKey Bridge Tool can show VeKey device type and address in the bottom zone, and you can click to copy the address. Refer Figure 3-5, Figure 3-6
3.3. VeKey device firmware upgrade
- In the bottom left-hand corner, you can find yellow icon (optional upgrade mode) or red icon (force upgrade mode) when new firmware version of VeKey device is available on remote server. Refer Figure 3-7, Figure 3-8.
- At optional upgrade mode, you can skip current upgrade. At force upgrade mode, you have to quit application or upgrade directly. Refer Figure 3-9, Figure 3-10.
- Firmware upgrading status as below. Refer Figure 3-11, Figure 3-12, Figure 3-13.
3.4. VeKey Bridge Tool upgrade
- If new version of VeKey Bridge Tool is available on remote server, upgrade message window will pop up when you open the tool or click the “Check for updates” menu. If the VeKey Bridge Tool upgrade is optional , you can skip. Otherwise, you have to quit application or upgrade directly. Refer Figure 3-14, Figure 3-15.
- VeKey Bridge Tool upgrading status as below. Finally you need to drag the VeKey Bridge app into the Applications folder. Refer Figure 3-16, Figure 3-17, Figure 3-18.
3.5. VeKey Bridge Tool Menu
- Click the menu as below . Refer Figure 3-19.
- “About VeKey Bridge”menu shows the current VeKey Bridge Tool version. Refer Figure 3-20.
- “Check for updates”menu shows the latest VeKey Bridge Tool version on remote server. Refer Figure 3-21, Figure 3-22.
- “Port Setting”menu shows the current http service port. The default port is 8099. If the port is conflict to other service, you can modify it between 0-65535. Refer Figure 3-23, 3-24.
- “Quit VeKey Bridge” menu quites the application.
3.6. Other settings
- When you press Control + Option + D, debug mode is open or close.Refer Figure 3-25 You can find log file in the path (~/Library/Containers/com.vechain.usbkey/Data/Documents/logs.txt) for the further analysis.
- TEST icon will be shown in the top right-hand corner when VeKey I plugs in and in signature mode. Refer Figure 3-26.
- After VeKey II plugs in and in signature mode, you can click icon in the bottom right-hand corner to get VeKey device information and modify alias. Refer Figure 3-27.